You will be responsible to lead a team of Provers and Logging Technicians across Customer Side Leakage Team on our Thames Water contract. Your role will be at the heart of day to day operations to deliver our targets, provide exceptional service to our customers and reduce leakage.
- Being engaged with line manager
- To manage all aspects of a Technicians / Operative’s performance so that it is at least in line with individual/area and regional targets.
- To spend the majority of your time on site, being visible, supporting, auditing and coaching staff.
- To undertake performance management, through the formal Performance Management process which has been issued to you, to ensure that all performance targets are met and to formulate plans for improvement where necessary.
- To ensure that all of your team complies with H&S, HR, NRSWA, Environmental, training requirements and Quality Assurance procedures, including compliance with the company accident reporting, sickness, DVLA checks, DBS checks, absence procedures and lone working policies.
- Ensure that sufficient labour / plant / transport / material resources are available to carry out both planned and reactive work in and out of hours.
- Ensure effective team working with all stakeholders, for example, client operations, planners, other contractors, customer centre etc
- To ensure that all members of the team are trained and qualified to perform their duties, promoting training needs where required.
- To ensure that all operatives understand the importance of customer care and deal with each customer in a manner how they would want to be treated.
- Customer complaints must be resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- To ensure that all field operatives drive sensibly and with due care, in line with the Company’s expectations and guidelines, with all driving incidents reported promptly and accurately.
- To carry out audits in line with the specific contract expectations, to the standards expected with a focus on thoroughness and diligence, to ensure that quality and safety standards are maintained.
- Ensure that adequate records are kept and submitted correctly to satisfy the requirements of the Contract/Management team, Head Office and Client.
- Carry out Tool Box Talks and monthly stand downs as and when requested.
Based on experience.