Working on our Thames Water contract in Thames Valley you will have the option to work nights or days. A Leakage Technician is expected to undertake all aspects of leakage detection and related work streams. The Technician should be competent to NVQ level 2 standards and be able to plan efficient leakage survey campaigns in line with the Leakage Operating Model. The Leakage Technician should be able to demonstrate a complete understanding of leakage control measures and understand the operation of a water distribution network. In addition to those skills, a leakage technician,
Is expected to undertake advanced survey work and accurate pinpointing, planning and deductive analysis in the detection of complex leaks.
Must also have Health & Safety awareness and have a duty of care to their colleagues & anyone affected by the work they do, for example general public / site personal.
Must have an understanding of the risk / impact of leakage activities our customers, the general public, and road-traffic users and to ensure compliance with our statutory, regulatory and company standards at all times.
Be able to carry out risk assessments in conjunction with own tasks and that of follow on work.
Perform the duties of the role in compliance with statutory or regulatory standards, e.g. – hygiene, NRSWA (New Roads & Street Works Act) and environmental. Deliver excellent customer service in accordance with the Companies policies and standards with an aim to deliver the job right first time.
- Significant Leakage Detection experience within the Water Sector
- Significant experience / training in a similar utility based industry
- IT skills and computer literate
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to deal directly with customers in a face to face environment
- Full UK Driving License
What are we offering
- Company Van and Fuel card
- Company Phone
- Salary range from £24k – £26k depending on experience
- Opportunities on days and night. 4k Night allowance paid on top of salary for permanent nights
- Company Bonus Scheme