Hafren Dyfrdwy area of Severn Trent
We have a unique opening to provide experienced leakage detection resource into the Hafren Dyfrdwy (Formerly Dee Valley) area on the Severn Trent Water Contract.
PN Daly Ltd are the number one leakage detection company in the UK. We provide leakage management solutions to ensure a sustainable environment for the future specializing in detection services. We are committed to key issues such as water leakage reduction management, water conservation and demand management. As a first tier framework supplier to some of the largest water companies in the UK we provide our clients with solutions that deliver quality through effective contract management, innovation and cost effective best practice.
The Leakage Detection Technician’s role is physical in nature and will involve flexibility in working hours to meet client needs, this may include working away from home on occasions and some night work.
A Leakage Technician is expected to undertake all aspects of leakage detection and related work streams. The Technician should be competent to NVQ level 2 standards and be able to plan efficient leakage survey campaigns in line with the Leakage Operating Model. The Leakage Technician should be able to demonstrate a complete understanding of leakage control measures and understand the operation of a water distribution network.
In addition to those skills, a leakage technician,
- Is expected to undertake advanced survey work and accurate pinpointing, planning and deductive analysis in the detection of complex leaks.
- Must also have Health & Safety awareness and have a duty of care to their colleagues & anyone affected by the work they do, for example general public / site personal.
- Must have an understanding of the risk / impact of leakage activities our customers, the general public, and road-traffic users and to ensure compliance with our statutory, regulatory and company standards at all times.
- Be able to carry out risk assessments in conjunction with own tasks and that of follow on work.
- Perform the duties of the role in compliance with statutory or regulatory standards, e.g. – hygiene, NRSWA (New Roads & Street Works Act) and environmental. Deliver excellent customer service in accordance with the Companies policies and standards with an aim to deliver the job right first time.
- Significant Leakage Detection experience within the Water Sector.
- Significant experience / training in a similar utility based industry.
- IT skills and computer literate.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to deal directly with customer in a face to face environment.
- Knowledge and experience of working in a leakage detection role.
- Knowledge of the water distribution network.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- NVQ Level 2 or City & Guild Training in Customer Service, Underground Cable Detection or Leakage.
- Manual Handling Training.
What are we offering?
- Company Van and Fuel card
- Company Phone
- Salary range from £21k – £23k depending on experience.